Pediatric Medical Assistant – GI for Kids
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Responding to incoming phones calls regarding medical questions and concerns. Assists in examination and treatment of patients under direction of Physician, and relieve other medical personnel of administrative, clinical and clerical work by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES may include any and or all of the following: Other duties may be assigned as appropriate.
- Review medical records for urgent request and special needs.
- Supports the office clinic under the direction of the Nurse Manger as needed, to include rooming patients and gathering patient information for chart documentation.
- Assist with treatment, administer routine diagnostic/laboratory tests, phlebotomy and/or give injections, call medical facility/department to schedule patient for tests.
- Provide patient education as instructed.
- Triage in-bound clinical care calls, assesses patient concerns and responds according to the clinical care protocols.
- Document and utilize the electronic medical record according to HIPAA guidelines.
- Follow all practice policies and procedures for appointment scheduling, insurance verification, telephone interactions, and other job responsibilities as established.
- Provide back up support to clinical services as assigned.
- This job is located in our Office Clinic not Endoscopy Center
Benefits Competitive Benefit Package inclusive of PTO, Health, Dental, life, Disability, 401K, etc.
- Must have critical thinking skills, computer proficiency, attention to detail, be highly motivated and personable. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prior Gastroenterology experience a plus.
- 6 months to 1 year previous medical experience
- Phlebotomy experience preferred
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish) preferred
Accountant/CPA – GI for Kids
Job Duties Include:
- Ensure all financial records and statements are in line with laws, regulations, and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Resolve any discrepancies or irregularities they find in records, statements, or documented transactions.
- Provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing reports.
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Prepares Business end of year taxes.
BSN in Accounting
Must have experience in business accounting
Pediatric Patient Service Rep
Job duties include:
- Greet patients in friendly and timely manner
- Ensure that patients complete necessary forms required for the electronic health record and billing office
- Maintain patient demographic and insurance information; verifies insurance eligibility and collects co-pays
- Ensures good patient flow through practice by timely processing of patients as they arrive at front office
- Answer patient inquiries regarding patient registration information or billing questions
- Refers patient inquiries regarding medical care or treatment to medical assistant or physician
- Schedules patients with appropriate physician
- Document scanning into electronic health record
- Other duties as assigned
Full benefit package available, including PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD, Life Insurance, 401k, and more!
Must have at least 6 months-1 year of previous medical office experience.
1975 Town Center Blvd,
Knoxville, TN 37922